What’s New & Upcoming in 2013:
- DOWH Drop-Ins: Monday and Thursday evenings, Toronto
- Moving Together, Dancing with our Children: Wednesday mornings, Toronto
- Move & Be Moved Workshop at Grounding Trauma Conference: May 8, Alliston, ON
- Awakening Aphrodite Retreat: May 18-19, Salt Spring Island, BC.
- SHINE! A Co-Ed Ecstatic Dance Event: May 24, Salt Spring Island, BC.
- BLOOM Workshop: May 26, Victoria, BC.
- BODY TEMPLE, A Sunday Ecstatic Dance: Sunday, June 2 & 23, Toronto
- RADICAL RADIANCE TRAINING: September - December, Toronto
- Facilitator Certification Training: January 2014, Toronto
Dear Beloved Woman,
Welcome! You have found a sanctuary of expression, connection and community; a safe and sacred space where you can relax and come home to ALL of yourself.
Like you, we (the DOWH team) have grown up in a world where the feminine spirit has been unsupported in its full unfolding and blooming. And like you, we have witnessed our timidity and shame for having female feelings and experiences. For many, we have lost touch with our bodies, inner knowing and sense of wonder and curiosity about ourselves and the world. We know what it feels like to hold back from fully expressing our natural radiance and beauty.
We also know what it feels like to not hold our radiance back, and the feeling is truly liberating, infectious and within the realm of possibilities for each of us. Let us share this experience and inspire YOU to shine your own light!
This is what we have to offer — our own unique medicine for the female soul — to support women in embracing and celebrating our Sacred Feminine within, to be free from restraints, to be enamoured by our own breath and dance, and to fall head over heels in love with our self, with each other, and with everything and everyone.
It is our soul-work and priviledge to create women-only spaces that encourage all of us to remember and reclaim our original power, strength and wisdom. We, as women, have our own unique way.
And... Let us tell you....
You are amazing. And you have too much to offer to let your gifts go to waste or to hide your light!!!!!!
The most brilliant part of you is ready to be called forward. Because you care about the world, what a blessing you will be!
What it means to live a life that is wild at heart.
How she unlocks her wild self.
How she is able to to remain open through times of difficulty and challenge.
How she lives a purposeful life.
What being responsible means.
How she understands and activates courage.
The 4 SPECIAL nuggets of gold she carries with her at all times to keep her open, wild and free.
*The recording starts at 3:30 minutes, and towards the end the connection is lost and then found again.
Check out Erica's interview on Extraordinary Women TV.
Watch DOWH's introductory video:
DOWH brings women together to explore and express their deepest, truest selves, and to give themselves more fully and radiantly to the world. And, again and again, through this practice we call Dance Our Way Home ™ (DOWH), women experience...
- an unobstructed flow of inspiration, creativity and pleasure
- a deeper sense of wellbeing, belonging and homecoming
- profound experiences of wholeness and compassion
- spontaneous bursts of joy, laughter and tears
- the realization of their own magnificence, power, genius and perfection
- erupting desire for self-nourishment, self-care and self-love
- unconditional acceptance of themselves as they are and of everything as it is
The way we do this is through a women's magical brew of free-style and ecstatic dance, relaxation and guided imagery, with life-affirming, divine feminine spiritual principles, ideas and teachings. (And we often sprinkle it with other evocative and creative modalities and explorations.)
Created over 10 years ago as a body-image group for healing and celebration of the female soul, DOWH is a complete experience that touches body, heart, mind and soul, where every woman is free to move at her own pace, in her own way.
At DOWH, we believe that women don’t need to be pushed or challenged — only given love, appreciation, encouragement, acceptance and the chance to express themselves. And, whoever you are, know this — you are magnificent, important and worthy of respect, care and safe-keeping.
We invite you to join DOWH as we dance ourselves out of the cave and into the light of collective joy and healing. Regardless…
May you bloom, beloved sister!
In peace and community,
and the entire DOWH Team.
PS. Here is a pic of Erica after receiving DOWH's I Love Dance Award for 'HEALTHY CITIZENS' from the Canadian Dance Assembly.
We are so honoured to be acknowledged on a national level as an outstanding organization promoting DANCE as a tool for healthy communities! Thank you to all the women who nominated us. You have put DOWH on the Canadian dance map, and we are ever so grateful.